The City of Georgetown is searching for an Arts and Culture Coordinator to assist the Library Services Director with the coordination, planning, organizing, and execution of arts and cultural programming.
The essential functions of the position include:
- Coordinates, plans, organizes, and executes arts and culture programming for the City of Georgetown.
- Encourages and assists the presence and activities of local artists, arts organizations, and creative industries and promotes community-wide arts participation.
- Responsible for maintaining the City’s arts and culture website, e-newsletter, and social media outlets.
- Cooperates and coordinates tourist efforts with the Library, Convention and Visitors Bureau, and Main Street Program to promote tourism to Georgetown and the Downtown Cultural District.
- Responsible for maintaining the City’s Cultural District designation through reporting and programming.
- Serves as a staff liaison for the City’s Arts and Culture Advisory Board, providing recommendations and guidelines related to art selection.
- Provides oversight of the Arts and Culture Grants program.
- Provides oversight of public art installation projects.
- Assists the Library Service Director in writing grant applications and grant management.
For more information and to apply for this position, visit georgetown.org/jobs and scroll down to click on Arts and Culture Coordinator.