Call for arts and culture grant proposals
The Georgetown Arts and Culture Board invites grant proposals for art, music, theatre, and cultural heritage events or projects to take place in Georgetown between Oct. 1 and Nov. 30, 2017. The total budget for grants is $10,000. Recent grants have averaged $2,000 apiece. Nonprofit organizations, schools, informal arts and culture organizations, and individual artists who are creating public art or an event open to the public are eligible to apply, with the exception of those who were funded in the previous round of grants.
Proposals should include:
- Contact information for someone who is readily available to answer questions about the proposal
- Purpose and description of the event or project
- Amount being requested and total budget, including other anticipated funding sources (e.g., donations, ticket sales, other grants)
- Date, location, admission charge, and anticipated attendance
- Size and demographic makeup of past audiences or participants
Special consideration will be given for events or projects that meet one or more of these criteria:
- Are free admission
- Include outreach to populations that are traditionally underrepresented
- Have a cultural tourism or economic impact (e.g., events that may attract people who also attend other arts & culture venues or events, stay overnight, shop, or dine in Georgetown)
Organizations or individuals that receive funding will be required to follow up by:
- Recognizing the City of Georgetown Arts and Culture Board in their advertising and programs
- Submitting a one-page report to the Arts and Culture Board no later than Jan. 31, 2018, with a description of the use of grant funds and copies of event promotion materials
The deadline for grant proposals is 5 pm on Tuesday, June 6, 2017. Organizations will be notified by email about funding decisions by June 30.
To submit a grant proposal, please complete the form below. If you have questions, please call or email Lawren Weiss at 512-930-3551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arts & Culture Grant Proposal
For art, music, theatre, and cultural heritage events or projects to take place in Georgetown between Oct. 1 and Nov. 30, 2017