Call for Entries: Sculpture Tour 2018-2019
2018-2019 City of Georgetown Sculpture Tour NOW OPEN
CALL FOR ENTRIES AND APPLICATION
This call is open June 1, 2018-Aug. 1, 2018
Sculpture Tour applications will be accepted June 1 – August 1. Each sculptor may submit up to three sculptures for consideration. Please provide two or three photographs of each piece, showing different angles.
From the applications submitted by the deadline, the City of Georgetown Arts & Culture Board will select up to 11 2018-19 Sculpture Tour pieces. All applicants will be notified of the board’s decisions by Sept. 28.
Sculptures will be installed by appointment in early November 2018 and remain on display through October 2019. Delivery is the artist’s responsibility; installation will be done by City of Georgetown Parks and Recreation staff working with the artist.
All sculptures selected for this year’s Sculpture Tour will receive a cash prize based on judging by the City of Georgetown Arts & Culture Board. Checks will be mailed in December. Awards will be:
- $1,500 First Prize (one will be awarded)
- $750 Second Prize (one will be awarded)
- $500 Honorable Mention (up to 9 will be awarded)
Artists will be required to sign a Sculpture Tour contract, which includes a 25 percent commission to the City on any sculpture sold during the exhibit. Once installed, sculptures are covered for theft or damage by City insurance.
Proposals will be submitted through Submittable.com. Please read the entire call before submitting your proposal.
The proposal form in Submittable will require:
- Full Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address.
- Title of sculpture
- A literal description of the sculpture
- Message, meaning, or symbolism of the piece
- Pad Size Requirement
Images of Sculpture
- Proposals must include at least two images of each piece from different angles (upload).
- Please submit a separate entry per sculpture
Support materials/Previous work
- Proposals should be accompanied by 5 to 10 images of previous work (upload).
- An artist statement describing sculpture experience and interest in exhibiting.
- Resume (upload).
- The sculpture must be a minimum of 3 feet in height.
- The sculpture must be able to withstand pedestrian traffic and touch.
- The sculpture design must allow for the piece to be bolted down or weigh enough to be secure.
- Sculptures will be installed by appointment in early November 2018 and remain on display until October 2019. Delivery is the artist’s responsibility; installation will be done by City of Georgetown Parks and Recreation staff working with the artist. Artist must be able to deliver and pick up artwork on the timetable listed above.
Proposal deadline: 5:00 P.M. August 1, 2018
If you have any questions about the application or the selection process, please call Sarah Blankenship at 512-930-8471 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.