The call for grant proposals for events occurring April-September 2019 is now closed. Applicants will be notified once the Arts and Culture Board has reviewed all of the proposals.
The Georgetown Arts and Culture Board invites grant proposals for art, music, theatre, and cultural heritage events or projects twice each year. Nonprofit organizations, schools, informal arts and culture organizations, and individual artists who are creating public art or an event open to the public are eligible to apply. Grants awarded last year averaged $1,400.
Please note individuals and organizations are only eligible for one Arts and Culture grant per calendar year.
The grant proposal form will be live at 12:01 am on December 1, 2018 and will close at midnight on December 31, 2018. Click here to go to the form:
Some of the information requested on the form will be:
- Contact information for primary contact for proposal who is readily available to answer questions about the proposal
- Event or project title
- Purpose and description of the event or project
- Date, location, admission charge, and anticipated attendance
- Size and demographic makeup of past audiences or participants
- Amount being requested and total budget, including other anticipated funding sources (e.g., donations, ticket sales, other grants)
Special consideration will be given for events or projects that meet one or more of these criteria:
- Are free and open to the public
- Include outreach to populations that are traditionally underrepresented
- Have a cultural tourism or economic impact (e.g., events that may attract people who also attend other arts & culture venues or events, stay overnight, shop, or dine in Georgetown)
Organizations or individuals that receive funding will be required to follow up by:
- Recognizing the City of Georgetown Arts and Culture Board in their advertising and programs
- Submitting a one-page report to the Arts and Culture Board with a description of the use of grant funds and copies of event promotion materials
If you have questions, please call or email Lawren Weiss at 512-930-3552 or firstname.lastname@example.org