Georgetown Arts & Culture Grants
The Georgetown Arts and Culture Board awards grants twice a year for art, music, theatre, dance, literary, and cultural heritage events and programs taking place in Georgetown. The City of Georgetown Arts and Culture Board considers all applicants without attention to the following – which includes but is not limited to – race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
The board is now inviting grant proposals for events and programs occurring between April 1, 2024 – September 30, 2024 as part of the 2024 Round I grant period. The deadline for submitting for this grant period is December 31, 2023.
Eligible requests: Nonprofit organizations, schools, and informal arts and culture organizations creating arts and culture programming or an event open to the public are eligible to apply. Eligible requests include equipment and supplies specific to the event or program that is occurring during the period of performance and necessary for the event/program to occur. Eligible applicants must be in good standing with a history of timely reporting and grant fulfillment requirements if previous Arts and Culture grants have been awarded. As this grant program is funded by the Hotel Occupancy Tax, programs must demonstrate economic impact through cultural tourism (e.g., programs that may attract people who also attend other arts & culture venues or events, stay overnight, shop, or dine in Georgetown). Programming and events must be open to the public.
Ineligible requests: Organizations that received funding in the 2023 Round II grant period are not eligible to apply for 2024 Round I. For profit businesses are not eligible to apply for Arts and Culture grant funding. Additional ineligible requests include food/beverage expenses, start-up costs or general operating expenses, and capital improvements.
The Georgetown Arts and Culture Grants help the Arts and Culture Board fulfill bylaw requirements which include recognizing and encouraging groups and organizations that enrich Georgetown life by bringing cultural and artistic values and artifacts to the City. Members of the Arts and Culture Board believe a vibrant arts community and cultural offerings are good for the quality of life for residents, will attract visitors, and will assist Georgetown in becoming a nationally recognized arts destination by 2030. The grant program helps develop and strengthen our local arts community by contributing funding to arts and culture programming that enhances our local community.
|For events and programs occurring in…||Call will be open||Candidates will be notified||Checks will be mailed|
|April 2024-Sept. 2024 (Round I)||Dec. 1-31, 2023||January 2024||February|
|Oct. 2024-March 2025 (Round II)||June 1-30, 2024||July 2024||August|
The grant proposal form will open on December 1, 2023. Click here to go to the form:
Some of the information requested will be:
- Contact information for someone who is readily available to answer questions about the proposal
- Purpose and description of the event or project
- Total budget
- Amount being requested
- Anticipated funding sources that must fund (match) at least 30% of total budget (e.g., donations, ticket sales, other grants)
- Date, location, admission charge, and anticipated attendance
- Size and demographic makeup of past audiences or participants
- If applying for organization development funding, you will be asked to provide the name of the facilitator or facilitating organization, the organizational development proposal and scope of work, as well as the cost of the program.
- Description of how the grant will help your organization fulfill its mission.
Special consideration will be given for events or projects that meet one or more of these criteria:
- Are free admission; are open and accessible to the public
- Include outreach to populations that are traditionally underrepresented
Organizations or individuals that receive funding will be required to follow up by:
- Complete a grant agreement form and vendor application before funds are disbursed
- Recognizing the City of Georgetown Arts and Culture Board in their advertising and programs
- Submitting a one-page narrative report to the Arts and Culture Board with a description of the use of grant funds and copies of event promotion materials
- Submit a financial report form by October 31, 2024
If you have questions, please email Amanda Still at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-930-8471.