City of Georgetown Arts & Culture Grants
The Georgetown Arts and Culture Board awards grant twice a year for art, music, theatre, dance, and cultural heritage events and programs taking place in Georgetown. Starting December 1, 2020, the board will be seeking proposals for events and programs between April 2021 -September 2021.
Nonprofit organizations, schools, and informal arts and culture organizations creating arts and culture programming, or an event open to the public are eligible to apply. The City of Georgetown Arts and Culture Board considers all applicants without attention to the following – which includes but is not limited to – race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Organizations that received funding in the 2020 Round II cycle are not eligible to apply for 2021 Round I.
The Georgetown Arts and Culture Grants help the Arts and Culture Board fulfill bylaw requirements which include recognizing and encouraging groups and organizations that enrich Georgetown life by bringing cultural and artistic values and artifacts to the City. Members of the Arts and Culture Board believe a vibrant arts community and cultural offerings are good for the quality of life for residents, will attract visitors, and will assist Georgetown in becoming a nationally recognized arts destination by 2030. The grant program helps develop and strengthen our local arts community by contributing funding to arts and culture programming that enhances our local community.
|For events and programs occurring in…||Call will be open||Candidates will be notified||Checks will be mailed|
|April 2021-Sept. 2021||Dec. 1-31, 2019||January 2021||February|
|Oct. 2021-March 2022||June 1-30, 2020||July 2021||August|
The grant proposal form for events and programs occurring April 2021-September 2021 will be live at 12:01 am on December 1, 2020 and will close at 11:59 pm on December 31, 2020. Click here to go to the form:
Some of the information requested will be:
- Contact information for someone who is readily available to answer questions about the proposal
- Purpose and description of the event or project
- Amount being requested and total budget, including other anticipated funding sources (e.g., donations, ticket sales, other grants)
- Date, location, admission charge, and anticipated attendance
- Size and demographic makeup of past audiences or participants
Special consideration will be given for events or projects that meet one or more of these criteria:
- Are free admission
- Include outreach to populations that are traditionally underrepresented
- Have a cultural tourism or economic impact (e.g., events that may attract people who also attend other arts & culture venues or events, stay overnight, shop, or dine in Georgetown)
Organizations or individuals that receive funding will be required to follow up by:
- Recognizing the City of Georgetown Arts and Culture Board in their advertising and programs
- Submitting a one-page report to the Arts and Culture Board with a description of the use of grant funds and copies of event promotion materials
If you have questions, please email Amanda Still at email@example.com or call 512-930-8471.