South Main Arts Festival
A juried and curated artistic event in celebration of the Month of the Arts…
Located near Grace Heritage Center | 817 S Main St
2023 DETAILS COMING SOON!! Check back regularly for updates and announcements about the upcoming 2023 South Main Arts Festival on Saturday, October 21!
FOR ARTISTS!! Applications for artist booth exhibitors is now open and will close on June 30. For submission guidelines and to apply, please click here.
Last year’s 2022 Inaugural South Main Arts Festival details are below. We can’t wait to share the program for 2023…
Celebrate Georgetown’s inaugural South Main Arts Festival dedicated to the fine arts and located in the new South Main Arts District – a project that received Cultural District grant funding from the Texas Commission on the Arts. Shop the juried artist booths for a variety of artistic media while viewing the yarn bomb installation that was designed and created by Preservation Georgetown, the Knitting Cup, and passionate fiber artists and volunteers from the community! Enjoy food trucks, live music and ribbon dancers throughout the day, kids arts activities and pottery by Cordovan Art School…and an outdoor theatrical performance, too. The evening’s live music headliner is Texas Commission on the Arts Touring Roster Artist, Sue Foley, so be sure to join us for her performance at 5pm!
The City of Georgetown’s Water Conservation Team is looking to bring awareness to sustainable watering resources with the vibrant addition of art to rain barrels. The first annual Painted Rain Barrel Project will coincide with the Georgetown Arts and Culture Program’s Autumn Art Stroll, South Main Arts Festival, and the Water Conservation Team’s “Imagine a Day Without Water” events in October 2022.
The barrels will be displayed around City facilities and local businesses downtown, before and during the South Main Arts Festival. All painted barrels will be available to purchase via a silent auction that will run through the course of the Autumn Art Stroll and South Main Arts Festival.
Ribbon dancers performing throughout the day
- 11 a.m. – Theatrical performance by the cast of Champs’ Choice (preview for the interactive musical comedy exclusively playing at Barrels & Amps in Georgetown)
- 12 p.m. – Soulful blues by folk duo Winkler Mill
- 1 p.m. – Cosmic folk rock by Vaydra
- 2 p.m. – Soul pop by Stacie Agnew
- 3 p.m. – Indie pop/alt country by Matt Cassidy
- 5-6:30 p.m. – Live musical performance by headliner and TCA Touring Roster Artist Sue Foley!
Artist booth and vendor directory coming soon!
Grace Plaza Artists
- The Knitting Cup Textile Art
- Markus Lindsey Photography
- Orvilla’s Creations Custom Designed Jewelry
- Virginia Headley Fine Art (Encaustics)
- Zoee Xiao Artworks (Watercolors)
SOMA Park Artists
- Cordovan Art School & Pottery Parlor
- Langlois Designs Jewelry
- Mark Stalnaker – ATX Ink
- ShadowWorks Jewelry
- Sunshine Sunbeams Glass
- Wendy Michelle Davis (Paintings)
9th Street Artists
- Experience Wildlife Photography
- Laura Barrett Jewelry
- Lynn Kessel Art
- Plein Air Austin – Purchase paintings created during the Art Stroll’s Plein Art Paint Out from October 20!
Pictured: Sue Foley and guitar “Pinky’s Blues”